Friday, July 1 at 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Come celebrate all the cool things about summer at Science After Dark: Cool Summer! From the science behind setting up camp to the chemical reactions that make ice cream, the Science Museum of Virginia has your summer STEM checklist covered.
- Explore the chemistry of fireworks – in a safe way, of course!
- Discover the secrets of making ice cream in a demo in the Boost Kitchen.
- Challenge your friends and family in the Science Museum's Setting Up Camp relay race. Hint: there’s a lot of physics involved!
- Test your navigation skills as you make your way around the Science Museum. There may be a prize at the end…
- Make mini tent origami in the Art Lab.
- Learn what to avoid while outside at the Science Museum's Virginia Wildlife Venom and Poisons booth.
- Try your hand at making a DIY paper popsicle (for our summer stars five and younger).
Guests can add Planet Shark: Predator or Prey to their evening for an additional fee. See below for pricing details.
Guests can also enjoy live astronomy shows in The Dome at 6:30 and 7:15 p.m. No tickets are required. Each show is open to the first 250 guests.
Science After Dark admission is $16 for adults; $13.50 for youth (ages 6 – 12) and seniors (ages 60 and older) and $10 for preschool-aged children (ages 3 – 5). Science After Dark admission is free for Museum members, children under 2, educators, military and college students with a valid ID. Admission to Planet Shark: Predator or Prey is an additional $5 per person. Guests who qualify for the Museums for All program can add the exhibition for $1 per person. Museum members can see the exhibition for free.
Not a member? Learn more about becoming one: https://smv.org/get-involved/membership/
Science Museum of Virginia
2500 West Broad St, Richmond, VA 23220