Saturday, January 19 at 9:00am to 1:00pm
Learn the art of building and marketing your small business on a shoestring budget. Spend the morning learning tips & tricks for planning and growing a small creative business from the ground up. Then, spend the afternoon in breakout sessions to learn even more info on the marketing and communication needs you most NEED!
This course is perfect for artists, small organizations and start-ups!
We will provide coffee/tea, breakfast and drinks. Feel free to bring a lunch or grab one from a Scott's Addition restaurant near the studio.
KEYNOTE: Christina Kern and Christie Thompson of Burn Both Ends will share their favorite tips and tricks for planning and growing a small creative business from the ground up. They will cover everything from developing a simple and actionable roadmap to considering the essential details of developing your brand and sharing it with the world. Both Christina and Christie bring first-hand experience working with dozens of small businesses at Campfire & Co., supporting the early phases of launching and growing creative brands. Bring a pen and be prepared to dig deep for this interactive workshop!
8:30-9am: Coffee, registration, meet and greet
9-11am: Keynote Presentation w/ Q&A from Burn Both Ends
11am-1pm: Breakouts (you'll select two 45 min sessions at the event)
- Quick! Make A Website (Squarespace) with Ashley Hawkins of Studio Two Three
- Social Media Secrets (photos, stories, promotions, accounts & hashtags) with Kelsey Leavy of the Hodges Partnership
- Video storytelling: Quick and Dirty (but awesome, using your phone) with Mary Clay Watt of CultureWorks
- Writing copy that speaks to your client with Eric Futterman of EAF Custom Communications
- Customer experience is important with Dean Browell of Feedback
- Newsletter-o-Rama: Constant Contact/E-Blasts/Mail Chimp with Terry Gau of CultureWorks
Studio Two Three
3300 W Clay St, Richmond, VA 23230