The Next Star Arts Program is a Non-Profit 501 (c) (3) organization that provides an avenue for children to explore the creative world of Arts while learning valuable life and leadership skills needed to be successful.
When Next Star opened its doors in September 2015, Amma Gatty, Founder & Artistic Director, had one primary goal in mind, to see children succeed in life. Her belief that every child is destined to accomplish great things if motivated in the right way is the driving force behind the program’s mission. This belief is reinforced each week through the Next Star pledge that reinforces the power of the imagination to open doors and overcome obstacles.
I am a Star.
I am a leader and not a follower.
I dare to make a difference in my world.
My mind is wide open.
Imaginations that create great things flow out of my mind.
I dare to become the Next Star!
Our program has become a haven for many children facing challenging life circumstances. At Next Star, a child can escape the stresses of life for a few hours each week to develop self-assurance and confidence through exploration of the visual arts, dance, and theater.
Our team is made up of professionals who are as passionate about the arts as they are in raising the next generation of leaders. We have worked diligently to build a sense of community for the families we serve. In the process, we have become trusted partners with parents and guardians in raising confident, well-rounded children, who use their creativity to positively influence the world around them.
How do we gauge our impact?
· By watching our children grow in confidence and self-esteem in simple but profound ways.
· By witnessing a shy, self-conscious child exude excitement and new-found confidence in his creative ability.
· By seeing a child have an "Ah Hah" moment when lessons are internalized and demonstrated in his interactions with others in the group.
· By observing when a student takes ownership of her attitude and behavior and changes it for the better.
· By watching a child show empathy for a peer.
· By celebrating with our students when they take it upon themselves to collaborate to solve a problem or resolve a conflict.
These are the moments by which we measure success. And, they are priceless.
To develop valuable life and leadership skills, promote creativity, and encourage self-confidence through the visual and performing arts.
We believe that finances should never stand in the way of precious children being part of our program, our scholarship program allows us to make our program accessible to all children.