Initially, Highland Springs was a one-room frame building established in 1891, with five pupils and a teacher.
By 1905, Highland Springs had grown to about 25 students, ranging in age from seven to sixteen. By
1907, the community had outgrown the one-room school and replaced the building with a four-room
building on the lot immediately east of the present school. It wasn’t long before an eight-room addition was
needed. The current high school, located in the Varina District, opened in 1952, and annexes were added in 1956 and 1957. During the 1970-71 school year, a massive building program began with a two story addition to the existing building. This new addition connected the two annexes with the main building.
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Cheese Coffee Caf Downtown
Liu Chinese Fast Food
Vinaigrette
Garcias Kitchen The Original
Route 66 Malt Shop
Bottger Mansion of Old Town
Bottger Mansion of Old Town
Liu Chinese Fast Food
Bottger Mansion of Old Town
Liu Chinese
Vinaigrette